Retail Associate - Part Time
Houston Rockets / Toyota Center
Posted: Aug 24, 2017
DEPARTMENT: Retail Operations
Has responsibility for assigned retail products and cash associated with those products and sells those items to customers in a positive and professional manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
• Maintaining and controlling merchandise inventory
• Performing store openings, operating, and closing duties
• General upkeep of the merchandise and fixtures
• Perform physical inventories on a regular basis
• Accurate cash handling and execution of all forms or payment
• Operation of point of sale register for all transactions
• Set up and take down of retail locations during most events
• Customer service during all transactions, both on the floor and at the POS
• Welcome customers by greeting them, offering assistance
• Directs customers by escorting them to racks, counters and suggesting items
• Advises customers by providing information on products
• Assist fellow employees in selling, to ensure great business transactions and customer service
• High school degree with at least two years retail and/or sales experience
• At least two years cash handling experience
• Excellent customer service, and communication skills
• Highly motivated
• Able to manage multiple tasks and work in a team environment
• Must demonstrate professional and gracious demeanor at all times
• Be able to meet sales goals
• Must have an excellent energy level and be able to maintain it for entire shift
• Must be dependable
• Must report to work in a presentable manner
• Must be able to take directions well from Supervisor and follow through
• Must pass background and credit check
• Pass a basic math skills test
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
• The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
• The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
• The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed in light of the strong focus on external communications and relationships.
Individuals that exhibit our ONE TEAM PHILOSOPHY of PASSION, ACCOUNTABILITY, CUSTOMER FOCUS and TEAMWORK are welcome to apply!
*By applying for this position, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background and credit check based on the nature of this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer