Part Time Box Office Associate
Houston Rockets and Toyota Center
Posted: Nov 3, 2017
(To adequately fill our open positions, applicants are askeds to apply for the position that best firs their skills and background. Applicants applying for multiple positions will not be considered.)
The Box Office Associate is a part-time position dedicated to the efficient servicing of customers through walk up ticket sales and will call retrieval. Box Office Associates are expected to exhibit professionalism while interacting with personnel at all levels of the Rockets Organization, Third Party Event Staff, and Toyota Center guests. The position will require the Box Office Associate to work a schedule ranging from 3 to 20 hours per week depending upon the event schedule, with most call times starting at or around 5:00 p.m.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
• Sell tickets using Veritix ticketing software.
• Handle outbound and inbound will call requests.
• Interact with guests to answer questions and resolve ticketing issues.
• Ability to handle cash and credit card transactions and keep a balance cash drawer.
• Receive and file event will call
• Maintain and stock supplies for the Box Office windows.
• All other duties assigned by supervisor.
• High school diploma.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Prior use of Veritix or similar ticket system preferred
• Applicant is required to work all Rockets games and Third party events.This schedule will consist of evenings, weekends, and holidays.Shifts typically begin at 5:00 p.m. and end at 9:00 p.m.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, but not required.
• *By applying for this position, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background and credit check based on the nature of this position**
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
• The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
• The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
• The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed in light of the strong focus on external communications and relationships.
Highly motivated and dependable Individuals that exhibit our ONE TEAM PHILOSOPHY of PASSION, ACCOUNTABILITY, CUSTOMER FOCUS, TEAMWORK are welcome to apply!