Corporate Partner Activation Manager - China
Posted: Nov 22, 2017
The Corporate Partnership Activation Manager is responsible for managing relationships and negotiated partnership elements to achieve partner goals through integrated marketing platforms, primarily for China-based partners and prospects. The position includes account management and activation responsibilities for China-based companies, but may also include local, regional and national corporate accounts. The Corporate Partner Activation Manager will work closely with the Director & VP of Strategy Development for China to ensure a positive and rewarding relationship is maintained with each assigned partner.
• Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
• Manage day-to-day implementation of partnership elements such as signage, digital content, hospitality and promotions to ensure all contractual elements are fulfilled.
• Develop, enhance and renew corporate relationships by exceeding & managing expectations of all contractual elements and provide opportunities for added value.
• Point person and liaison to work with multiple departments such as marketing, basketball operations, game operations and digital departments to ensure proper fulfillment of corporate partner elements for all China partners and prospects.
• Present ideas and opportunities to help grow the business of each corporate partner by keeping up-to-date with the goals, objectives and competition of each corporate partner.
• Create and manage financial budgets.
• Manage and track all account history, relationship details and partnership activation details in CRM on a consistent basis
• Ability to complete projects as assigned, including but not limited to, coming up with a plan of action, detailed timeline and post project recap and results (documenting successes and opportunities to enhance future similar projects)
• Coordinate and document material for partnership recaps, including detailed, company-specific affidavits, images and proof of performance
• Assist with sponsorship presentations and lead meetings (preparing renewal proposals, mid-season and end-of-year recap presentations, meeting agendas, etc.)
• Lead initiatives for all renewal accounts including developing and managing a strategic plan for all assigned renewals incorporating management where applicable (i.e. Renewal initiatives to include, but not limited to leading meetings, discussions, negotiations, detailed upsell opportunities, revised partnership elements, revised contracts, etc.)
• Communicate with the NBA, applicable departments and in-house legal counsel for all necessary approval on promotional materials
• Establish strong relationships with other departments to mutually meet the goals and objectives of partners as well as the goals and objectives of other internal teams
• Take ownership and management of additional areas (i.e. liaison to departmental groups within Rockets organization and outside organizations/areas, as assigned)
• Assist wherever necessary to further market and promote Team and corporate partners.
• Provide unprecedented customer service and superior level of productivity and responsiveness.
• Responsible for developing relationships with all levels of partner contacts (ie. day to day contacts, Sr. Management, C level executives, owners, etc)
• Translation needs, verbal and written, as requested for organization representatives.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Bilingual in Mandarin and English required
• Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. (sponsorship is not available for this position)
• Fluent in written and verbal communications – Mandarin & English
• Minimum 2-3 years experience in account management/client relations or related field, such as marketing, agency, media, sponsorship or sales
• Must be detail-oriented and organized
• Must be able to meet deadlines and follow through on project outline or strategies
• Ability to multitask effectively
• Must be able to understand partners’ objectives and look for ways to associate with the Team’s assets
• Must be able to interact with and manage staff relationships and business associates in order to implement digital content, events, promotions and other related activities
• Must be able to identify and address issues or problems which may arise during relationship/partnership
• Must be able to deliver messaging, both positive and negative, to clients and manage the communication process fully
• Must be customer service and relationship building oriented
• Must be comfortable interacting with internal and external representatives at all levels (up to Executive Management and C-level)
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
• PhotoShop or Graphic Design experience preferred