Basketball Operations Analyst
Posted: Jul 18, 2017
DEPARTMENT: Basketball Operations
TYPE: Full Time
The Houston Rockets front office is looking to add a talented new member to the team. This person will work intimately with the entire front office, including GM Daryl Morey, to organize basketball data, build software tools, and analyze basketball games. People who hate coding need not apply, though the job could easily be a fit for talented data scientists, software engineers, forecasters, web developers, statisticians, DBAs, machine learning experts, etc. Experience in basketball is not required; learning easily is. Much of the work is in SQL, so interested applicants should have either tangible SQL experience or a deep understanding of programming combined with an appetite to learn SQL quickly. Nimbleness of mind is key, as is the candidate's ability to fit into an energetic, passionate work environment in Houston. The position reports to the Daryl Morey, (GM).
• Bachelor's degree or higher in related field
• Experience with varied programming languages, particularly SQL.
• Experience with statistics and commonly used statistics packages, econometrics, data visualization, and basketball analytics are desirable.
• Background in mathematical or computational field are desirable but not required.
• Experience with large data sets, "big data", is an advantage
• Interest in and familiarity of basketball and terminology
Individuals that exhibit our ONE TEAM PHILOSOPHY of PASSION, ACCOUNTABILITY, CUSTOMER FOCUS, and TEAMWORK are welcome to apply!
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE